Mophradat Curatorial Residency Deadline
This Deadline Expired: Monday, October 1, 2018
Mophradat is an international nonprofit contemporary arts association that creates opportunities for thinking, producing, and sharing among contemporary artists from the Arab World and their peers everywhere.
Mophradat in collaboration with Capacete in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, is offering a residency opportunity for one curator from the Arab world to develop their practice in a professional context. The residency lasts for three months, with flights, accommodation, visa and insurance costs, and monthly stipend provided, and includes the opportunity to participate in all of Capacete’s programs and a suggested program of visits to galleries and sites of interest in Rio de Janeiro, as well as to meet arts practitioners in the Brazilian art scene.
The program is for candidates who seek to develop their curatorial practice in a professional context and create new projects reflecting their experimentation and research.
- Applicants must be from the Arab world.
- Applicants must be professionally engaged in curatorial activities.
- Applicants must have been working for at least five years and have a demonstrable exhibition or project history. They may hold an institutional position only in a non-commercial arts organization, or work as freelancers.
- Applicants must speak English.
- Students are not eligible to apply.
Applications must ONLY be submitted in English by email to email@example.com, and include:
- A completed application form including name and contacts of two references, available for download here.
- A curriculum vitae listing all educational and work experience.
- A letter answering the following questions:
- Can you describe yourself and your current curatorial and/or artistic interests? (max. 300 words)
- Cultural exchange, new networks, and experience of a different context are basic characteristics of this opportunity, but can you tell us what interests you specifically in the Capacete residency? (max. 300 words)
- What you would like to do while at the program, and what you would like to accomplish? (max. 300 words)