Mural Arts Employment Opportunity – WorkReady Program Coordinator
This Deadline Expired: Sunday, March 28, 2021
Mural Arts Education partners with the Philadelphia Youth Network’s (PYN) WorkReady Program to provide summer programming and employment opportunities for youth enrolled in the Art Education program. Youth work in teams at sites across Philadelphia with Teaching Artists on various large or small scale mural projects. Mural Arts seeks a WorkReady Program Monitor to complete the logistical coordination required to be a part of the PYN summer program.
- Contacting interested students and/or their parents to schedule appointments to complete the paperwork enrollment process
- Maintaining electronic and paper student enrollment and payroll files for Mural Arts and PYN
- Serve as liaison for PYN and Mural Arts for all site visits by PYN program monitors
- Ensure that sites are running in compliance with PYN standards
- Coordinate with Teaching Artist staff for visits
- Visit all sites weekly to distribute payments, incentives, transportation passes, and announcements to all program participants
- Provide regular reports and meet with Mural Arts staff weekly
- Maintain contact with PYN to stay abreast of any updates in the enrollment process and general programming
This temporary, part-time position will run up to 20 hours/week, from late-March to mid-August – mostly afternoons and evenings from mid-April to June, and mostly Monday, Thursday, and Fridays in the mornings and afternoons July through mid-August. A driver’s license with reliable vehicle or eligibility to join the Mural Arts Program ZipCar account and criminal and child abuse background checks are required for this position.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to respond well to changing demands in a fast paced work environment
- Experience working with middle school and high school aged youth preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a variety of student and peer staff members
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision once objectives and tasks have been determined
- Comfort and ease with technology; knowledge of Excel and/or Google Sheets required
Mural Arts seeks candidates who value and demonstrate the following core competencies: committed problem solving, deep thinking & fearless creation, inquisitive learning, thoughtful communication, mindful collaboration, personal accountability, and a commitment to actively prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Send cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references to email@example.com by March 28, 2021 with “WorkReady Program Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please.