NextFab Digital Marketing Intern
This Deadline Expired: Friday, May 14, 2021
NextFab is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual working towards a marketing/ communications degree (a rising junior, senior or recent graduate) to be their digital marketing intern for the summer. You would work alongside the marketing and sales teams to execute marketing strategies, including social media campaigns, virtual events, content management, and advertising, to help drive the NextFab brand as one of Philadelphia and Wilmington’s premier makerspaces. If you’re willing to get your hands dirty (or at least a little into the sawdust), have some creative chops, and are driven towards all things marketing, this may be the internship for you. Bonus points if you’re involved with the maker, creative, or artist community (or have a passion for it!).
NextFab is a network of membership-based makerspaces that helps grow the artisan entrepreneur and tech innovator community, by providing its collection of members access to machinery, education, and professional services. NextFab’s combination of traditional tools and digital technology helps its members solve problems to make things better. NextFab offers users education on and access to manufacturing and prototyping equipment, as well as professional design, production, and placemaking services for individuals’ fabrication needs, and is associated with the maker culture and DIY culture. NextFab owns and operates three locations in the mid-Atlantic Region (South Philly, North Philly, and Wilmington, DE).
The person in this role will be working remotely, with some on-site workdays required. This position is 30 hours per week with an hourly rate of $10/hour and will run from late May/early June until late August/early September. In addition, this paid opportunity comes with a NextFab membership for the duration of the internship.
Learn more here.
• Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies and digital marketing campaigns
• Plan and post content to NextFab’s Instagram, Facebook, and other social platforms
• Effectively manage conversations with accounts and partners on social media to drive brand awareness and heighten NextFab’s visibility with licensed accounts.
• Plan, edit, and create photos and videos for social platforms, ranging from feed posts, stories, reels, IGTV, and TikTok
• Measure and report performance of digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
• Learn and understand the brand voice and audiences to create content that will resonate
• Assist team in planning topic-specific digital and social media campaigns. Ex: NextFab Holiday Gift Guide (annual Gift Guide that features the small businesses and products of NextFab’s makers) and NextFab’s “From Making to Selling” webinar series (a virtual webinar series that facilitates conversations between NextFab’s partners and trusted experts covering topics for makers, creatives, and small business owners to go from making their products to selling them).
• Assist with content creation for blogs, press releases, and email campaigns
• Assist with website updates
• Assist with SEO/SEM and digital advertising strategies
• Identify trends and insights in the Philadelphia and Wilmington markets
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated in an undergraduate course for Marketing, Communications or similar field
- Familiar with marketing computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, etc.)
- Creative storytelling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Photography and video editing abilities a plus
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign skills a plus
- Works independently to meet deadlines and proactively looks for the next logical project
- Detailed organizational skills, good with follow-up
- An eagerness to learn, and collaborate with others while working remotely