This Deadline Expired: Friday, April 9, 2021
VisArts welcomes artists ages 17 – 27 in the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area to submit their application for NextGen 8.0. This iteration of NextGen will be held in an online gallery from June 4 – August 8, 2021. This will present a unique opportunity for aspiring artists with little to no experience to exhibit their work in a professional online gallery. Programming for this exhibition will include conversations with other emerging artists, critiques with local curators/arts administrators who work with young artists, and professional development.
Required Application Materials:
– Application Form
– High Res images with captions, for up to 5 works of art
– Film and video pieces are welcome: 2 minutes of video, film, sound or performance documentation = one work. Up to 10 minutes total. Videos must be in .mp4 or .mov file format.
– Images must be in .jpg, .tiff, .png, or .gif file format. Minimum image resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
– Artist Statement (250 Word Maximum)
– Artist Bio (150 Word Maximum)
– Resume/ CV
– Application Fee ($5.00) – online application will require payment by credit card or PayPal. Financial assistance available upon a need basis. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Learn more here.