Open Call for Artists: Furnished for Good 2023
deadline: Friday, September 30, 2022
Furnished for Good is Pathways to Housing PA’s signature fundraising event. Chosen artists will take inspiration from the Philadelphia Furniture Bank (PFB) and turn it into a work of art, and the pieces will be auctioned at Furnished for Good on May 4, 2023 to help raise funds for operations at PFB.
PFB is looking for artists who want to choose a piece of furniture to refinish, AND artists who want to create an original piece inspired by PFB.
PFB is putting out this open call to artists who are interested, and the guest curators Damon Reaves and Lawren Alice will choose 15-20 artists to participate that show a diverse range of mediums and styles. Artists of all experience levels are invited to respond! Photos of last year’s chairs, and the event itself, can be found here.
Each artist will receive a $200 stipend to cover the cost of supplies, as well complimentary registration for the event and recognition/promotion via social media and local press outlets.
The timeline for the project is as follows:
• The call for artists will close on September 30, 2022
• Artists will be notified of their status no later than October 14, 2022
• Selected artists will visit the Philadelphia Furniture Bank to get inspired, and if applicable, choose their furniture, at one of two pre-scheduled, mandatory events: Wednesday, November 30 from 4:30pm-6:30pm or Thursday, December 1 from 9am-11am
• Arch Enemy Arts will host an optional Meet & Greet for artists on Wednesday, December 14
• Project Proposals/Sketches are due by January 6, 2023
• Completed chairs and art are due by January 27, 2023
• Each work of art will be promoted leading up to Furnished for Good
• The works will be exhibited at Cherry Street Pier from April 28 to May 4
• Furnished for Good will take place on May 4 from 6pm-8pm, which all artists are invited to attend
Learn more here.