Open Call: SAVE Dirty Frank’s, SAVE the World
This Deadline Expired: Thursday, January 7, 2021
SUBMIT work online by January 7, 2021
CHOOSE your contribution level: 75%/100%
BID at an online auction: January 15–17, 2021
JOIN DIRTY FRANKS for a Happy Hour Party Inauguration Day
HOW DO I ENTER? • Now through January 7, Dirty Franks is accepting electronic entries (jpg/png) of up to three works of your creation in any medium. The quality of your image will go far in attracting bidders’ interest.
• They are limiting each artist to contributing three works only. There is no theme stipulated, but of course any work that suits this crossroads in history is an added bonus.
• Fill out this form and specify title, medium, dimensions, desired retail price, a required minimum bid and whether you want to contribute 75% or 100% of the final sale price.
• Dirty Franks is targeting high-quality work representative of your best output that would normally sell for $500 or less. Also, keep in mind the track record of success with the UNDER $100 shows.
• When you submit images and the donation form to firstname.lastname@example.org (no physical work needed!), please include a two-sentence statement about your work, which can also explain your motivation for generously supporting Frank’s and this special community.
WHAT ABOUT THE SHOW? • The timing of the virtual show—Happy Hour Friday, January 15, when all work will be posted on Instagram, through a live auction the afternoon/evening of Sunday, January 17—is timed to celebrate the Inauguration. Hence, SAVE THE WORLD!
• If the winning bidder does not pay in full purchased within 48 hours of the end of the auction, the second highest bidder will win the art.
• All proceeds raised go to keeping Dirty Franks’ doors open (though there will be a winter hiatus coming up in February)—and to keeping the community together.
• Work that sells at auction should be delivered to The Plastic Club, 247 South Camac Street, by Friday, January 29. They will handle the sale from there and ship the work, if needed. If you wish to receive 25% of the sale price, your proceeds will be available when you drop off the work.
• All artists are privy to the name and email address of the winning bidder.
View and download the submission form here