Opportunity at Mural Arts!! – Mural Proposal Coordinator
This Deadline Expired: Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Mural Arts Philadelphia is the largest public art initiative of its kind, dedicated to the belief that art ignites change. For over 30 years, Mural Arts has united artists and communities through a collaborative and equitable process, creating nearly 4,000 artworks that have transformed public spaces and individual lives. Mural Arts aims to empower people, stimulate dialogue, and build bridges of understanding with projects that attract artists from Philadelphia and around the world, and programs that focus on youth education, restorative justice, mental health and wellness, and public art and its preservation. Popular mural tours offer a firsthand glimpse into the inspiring stories behind Mural Arts’ iconic and unparalleled collection, which has earned Philadelphia worldwide recognition as the “City of Murals.”
Mural Arts is seeking a Mural Proposal Coordinator. This new position will support work around project prospecting, which is gathering information about prospective mural projects and preparing proposals for those projects. The work involves joining our Executive Director at prospecting meetings, assessing viability, coordinating data gathering with internal and external parties, building project budgets, and preparing proposals.
· Join Executive Director in meetings with prospective project partners, gathering information about the scope, vision, aesthetic, engagement opportunities, funding, and timeline for a project
· Coordinate site evaluations for prospective projects with Director of Operations
· Solicit relevant input from Project Managers, Program Directors, and other staff about budgeting and program alignment
· Prepare budgets and narrative proposals for prospective projects in a timely fashion
· Follow up with prospective partners regularly to garner feedback and negotiate specifics
· Meet with the Executive Director to provide and receive prospect project updates
· Update the prospect portfolio tracker on a regular (weekly) basis
· Take notes at all meetings to document ideas, actions, timelines, and overall discussion
· Client relationship experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
· Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision once objectives and tasks have been determined
· Ability to anticipate project needs and discern work priorities
· Ability to work well with diverse staff and clients in a fast-paced environment
· Comfort and ease with technology; knowledge of Excel required; knowledge of Smartsheet or other project management software preferred; Adobe InDesign, Microsoft PowerPoint, or other design software a plus
· 2+ years’ relevant work experience in project budget creation and client relationship management in a nonprofit environment
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required
Mural Arts seeks candidates who value and demonstrate the following core competencies: committed problem solving, deep thinking & fearless creation, inquisitive learning, thoughtful communication, mindful collaboration, personal accountability, and a commitment to actively prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
The position is contracted, at an average of 10-16 hours per week, and reports to the Project Portfolio Manager.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume with your hourly rate to Emily Cooper Moore at emily.coopermoore@muralarts.