Pentimenti Gallery Position: Art Gallery Assistant / Registrar
This Deadline Expired: Friday, September 4, 2020
POSITION: Gallery Assistant / Registrar.
Pentimenti Gallery is hiring a Gallery Assistant/Registrar. This position requires an individual with a proactive work style and meticulous attention to detail, who can prioritize and adapt under pressure, and has strong written and oral communication skills. This person will be responsible for publishing content on marketing and social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and the gallery’s website. This person will be responsible for some administrative operations, including the daily upkeep of the gallery.
This person will also be responsible for all aspects of inventory management, including detailed upkeep of their inventory database, coordinating incoming and outgoing shipments and, preparing artworks for the market. The Gallery Assistant/Registrar will have a key role in exhibition production of gallery exhibitions and art fairs. Pentimenti Gallery is looking for someone eager to learn on the job while wearing multiple hats within an internationally active gallery, and who will feel empowered to bring their creativity and skills to bear in a fast-paced environment.
– One year minimum of experience in a professional work environment in a gallery, museum, or other art institution. If you do not have this, explain why your unique skills and experience qualify you.
– Detail-oriented with the ability to maintain an organized and methodical work style.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills (you should be as comfortable communicating in person and over the phone as you are via email!).
– Self-starter with a proactive and strategic mindset, ability to think creatively and intuitively on your feet. Ability to multi-task, stay focused, and prioritize under pressure.
– Able to travel for work as necessary for complicated installations, gallery exhibitions, and art fairs.
– Basic computer skills are required.
– Domestic/international shipping and exhibition production experience preferred.
– Valid driver’s license.
Based in the Philadelphia area, start date ASAP. Part-time jobs (20 hours + extra hours if needed).
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with the subject line “Gallery Assistant APPLICATION – ‘Your Name’”
Cover letters should be 500 words or less, and include:
1. Why are you the best candidate for this job?
2. What appeals to you specifically about Pentimenti Gallery?
3. Tell a professional anecdote about yourself that exemplifies your value in a team setting.
4. What is your most memorable art experience to date?
Thank you for your time and interest.