Philly Art Center Call for Summer Camp Teaching Artist
This Deadline Expired: Sunday, May 1, 2022
Full Time + Part Time Positions
Summer Camp Teaching Artist
About Philly Art Center
Philly Art Center is comprised of the Fairmount location, founded in 2004, the Queen Village location, founded in 2011, the Cherry Hill location, founded in 2015 and the excitedly anticipated Mount Airy location in March 2022. Each studio serves as a vibrant community hub for creative education with art and music programs for all ages. Through classes, camps, parties, playgroups and a full after-school program, the Art Center cultivates creative genius while fostering joy for self-expression. We believe that art is essential to learning, life and community. Specially-designed studios and award-winning curriculum taught by outstanding educators mark the Art Center as a leader in art education throughout the Philadelphia region.
– Degree in art, art education, art therapy, education or related fields is preferred, but not required
– 1-2 years teaching experience preferred
– Must enjoy teaching and working with children ages 2-12
– Must be flexible with schedule and work Saturdays as needed
– Friendly and enthusiastic demeanor
– Strong communication and organizational skills
– Must be a team player, flexible & self-motivated
– Experience with Trello and Google Suite is a plus
– Candidates must provide Criminal History and Child Abuse Clearances
– CPR and First Aid Certified, or willing to get trained
– Ability to lift 25 pounds and be on your feet, in a face-paced environment
– Support Program Director and teaching team
– Follow curriculum and prep materials for projects
– Studio and classroom management
– Track class attendance and seating
Learn more here.
Please send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a seasonal employment position for 20-40 hours per week. There is potential to move to regular employment after the summer. Summer camp staff generally need to be available June, July + August. Pay is competitive.