Portfolio Review & Artist Talk with Gabriel Martínez
This Deadline Expired: Saturday, March 19, 2022
Event takes place March 26, 2 – 5pm.
Learn more & Register @ https://tallerpr.org/portfolio-review/
Registration deadline: March 19, 11:59 pm EST
CALLING ALL ARTISTS! Taller Puertorriqueño and The Print Center are inviting emerging artists to register for portfolio reviews. The review sessions will be complemented by a talk with Gabriel Martinez and Elizabeth Spungen, Executive Director of The Print Center.
The portfolio reviews offer emerging art practitioners the opportunity to engage in one-on-one discussions with experienced professionals about their work or an upcoming project. The sessions will take place at Taller, with reviewers available in-person and virtually. These informal exchanges seek to turn the traditional artist-curator portfolio review into an act of camaraderie between individuals working in the same field.
- Open to emerging artists.
- Submit up to 5 images and an artist statement for the reviewers to view ahead of your session on SlideRoom. Please note there is a $5 registration fee for SlideRoom.
- Come to the Portfolio Review with samples of your work. If your original pieces are too large or fragile to transport, you can bring demonstrations prints or electronic displays, although it would be helpful to bring at least one work in the intended format and medium. You must bring any equipment needed to present your work properly. Taller and their partners are not responsible for the safety or security of any artwork you may bring.
- Each participant has the opportunity to see one reviewer per session, for a total of two. Please indicate your reviewer preferences in SlideRoom.
- You must be at El Taller five minutes before the time allocated for your meeting. Late arrivals may not be seen.
- In-person visitors must wear face masks and be vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination cards will be checked at the door.