Teaching Artists & Assistants Needed
deadline: Sunday, May 16, 2021
The University City Arts League (UCAL) will be running an in-person Summer camp for children ages 5 and up, and they need teachers and assistant staff!
Teaching artists will lead hands on arts classes tailored for young minds with an interest in creative practices. Assistant staff coordinate and lead student groups from program to program, and assist instructors.
About UCAL’s Summer Camp:
This Summer Camp program puts a focus on the word Artist in Teaching Artist, and its programming, which runs from June 21st to August 20th, includes a range of themes. Each camp session is 1 week, and includes visiting artists and weekly gallery installations. Programming explores the classics: painting, drawing, ceramics, fiber arts, sculpture and printmaking but also dives into more contemporary programs as well such as performance art, installation art, sound art, multimedia art and even conceptual art.
June 21 – August 20, 2021 | Monday to Friday | 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Nine (9) one-week sessions
• Teachers and assistants must have clearances to work with children or be able to complete them before the Summer Camp begins
• Teachers must be available the full week that they are leading classes
• Skill leading ceramics or mixed media is a plus
• Training or an understanding of Trauma Informed Teaching is recommended for post-quarantine childcare
• Artists with a strong passion for one’s art career and an eagerness to share that excitement with young creative minds are encouraged to apply
To apply, please send a short cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Deadline to Apply: May 16th, 2021
For more information, check out the University City Arts League’s website