UCAL Seeks Education Programs Manager
This Deadline Expired: Friday, March 18, 2022
University City Arts League seeks a proactive, communicative, organized, and artistically minded individual to fulfill the role of Education Programs Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Education Programs Manager is responsible for developing and coordinating youth (K-6) and adult programs.
University City Arts League (UCAL) is the neighborhood hub for arts education in West Philadelphia. Their contemporary art center champions intergenerational learning with a wide array of visual and performing arts programs, classes, workshops, and residencies. They are committed to their relationships with surrounding schools, community centers, individuals, and neighbors. Historically dedicated to cultivating and sustaining new talent by way of offering consistent paid opportunities, professional development, and exhibiting space to the broader arts community. The Arts League functions as an amplifier for creative voices of all backgrounds, providing the space for exploration, growth, and joy.
– Planning and implementing multi-week programs for youth and adult audiences (Art After School, Full-Day Camps, and UCAL Summer Camp) including:
– Training teaching faculty and assistants
– Issuing and receiving teaching faculty and assisting staff employment agreements
– Managing program budgets
– Managing class registrations and class postings
– Developing weekly schedule(s)
– Ordering, inventorying, and distributing programs related supplies
– Assigning responsibilities and rooms
– Overseeing all communication with students, families, faculty, staff, and volunteers as it pertains to these programs
– Supervising teaching and assisting staff during programs
– Provide regular reports to Executive Director and Board of Directors
– Coordinating with the Ceramic Studio Coordinator to plan ceramics programs
– Communicating with the Outreach & Partnerships Manager to ensure programmatic cohesion in-house and in outreach programs
– Working with the Executive Director to develop new programs and coordinate the implementation of new programs
– Identifying program needs and identifying new faculty members
– Working with UCAL staff to achieve the organization’s mission
– Candidates should have a BA, BFA or the equivalent work experience in art education, education, or nonprofit management
– 3 years’ experience is required
– Must be kind
– Must work well with diverse, intergenerational age groups
– Background in arts administration or arts education strongly preferred
– Must be organized and communicate excellently in written and verbal formats
– 75% off of select classes
– Unlimited studio access during non-programming hours
– Monthly health insurance stipend
– This position must begin on or before April 10, 2022
– This is a 100% in-person role, remote work during active program hours is not possible
– There will be occasional weekend and/or evening hours
– The University City Arts League is not ADA accessible and has stairs required to enter and exit the building. It is four stories tall and there is no elevator. UCAL sincerely apologizes for this great limitation.
University City Arts League is a Queer friendly, BIPOC led organization that strongly encourages BIPOC and 2SLGBTQIA+ candidates to apply.
Candidates should have a BA/BFA or the equivalent work experience in art education, education, or non-profit management
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter, and two references to Jobs@ucartsleague.org with the subject line “Education Programs Manager”.