VisArts NextGen 5.0 Open Call (Maryland and Virginia)
This Deadline Expired: Friday, June 8, 2018
NextGen 5.0 is calling all DMV aspiring artists.
VisArts welcomes artists ages 17 – 27 in the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area to submit their application for NextGen 5.0, our fifth exhibition in our Kaplan Gallery from July 11 – August 19, 2018. NextGen 5.0 is an opportunity for aspiring artists with little to no experience exhibiting their work in a professional gallery.
VisArts is a non-profit organization whose mission is to transform individuals and communities through the visual arts. VisArts provides children, teens and adults with opportunities to express their creativity and enhance their awareness of the arts.
Online applications are due by June 8, 2018, 11:59 pm at visartscenter.org/call-for-entries. Please keep in mind that submission does not guarantee acceptance. Applicants should have little or no experience exhibiting in a professional gallery. Previous NextGen participants are ineligible. Previous NextGen applicants who were not selected may re-apply for this year’s exhibition.
After reviewing all works, selected artists will be notified by June 16.
All submissions will be juried by professional artists and curators (names to be announced).
Keep in mind that if accepted into the exhibition, you will be expected to drop off accepted artwork to the gallery on July 6, anytime between 10AM- 6PM. Artwork will not be accepted before or after these available dates and times.
Application Deadline: Thursday, June 8, 2018, 11:59 PM
Required Application Materials:
– Application Form
– High Res images with captions, for up to 5 works of art
– Film and video pieces are welcome: 2 minutes of video, film, sound or performance documentation = one work. Up to 10 minutes total. Videos must be in .mp4 or .mov file format.
– Images must be in .jpg, .tiff, .png, or .gif file format. Minimum image resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
– Artist Statement (250 Word Maximum)
– Artist Bio (150 Word Maximum)
– Resume/ CV
– Application Fee ($10.00) – online application will require payment by credit card or PayPal. Financial assistance available upon a need basis. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
It can be intimidating to create an artist résumé with little or no experience, but a great résumé is one that is clear, organized and simple. Experiences you can include may be from exhibiting in student art shows, to assisting at camps or even teaching. Here are a great number of resources to help you create a competitive application and to develop your professional practices as an artist:
Artist statement and artist biography
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
For information on Exhibition and Sale of Artwork
Guidelines for presenting works in digital format
– Apply Online : Complete the online application through submittable.com
– Drop Off Accepted Artwork: Accepted Artwork must be dropped off anytime during the following hours at the 2nd floor Office at VisArts
Tuesday, July 6th between 10AM – 6PM
Please send any questions via email with “VisArts NextGen 5.0 Open Call” in the subject line to Frank McCauley, Exhibitions Coordinator, at email@example.com
Application Fee: $10.00