Volunteer Opportunity! Teaching Artist Apprentices (Summer)
This Deadline Expired: Tuesday, June 1, 2021
Main Line Arts Center is seeking teaching artists for a stipend-based volunteer Summer Camp program!
Apprenticeships are tailored to help students meet goals while building teaching skills and developing their portfolios. During summer camps, apprentices will work with teaching artists to provide guidance to young students, learn about classroom management and curriculum. For those looking to enrich their portfolios, one-on-one time with teaching artist mentors will provide constructive feedback about your body of artwork.
All apprenticeships happen during summer camp. Campers ages 5-12 learn fundamentals of painting, drawing, ceramics, printmaking, fiber arts, jewelry and metals. Campers develop skills in collaboration, critical thinking, problem-solving, and self-expression. At the end of each week, campers display their artwork for family and friends.
June 21 – August 27, 2021 | Monday to Friday | 8:45 AM to 3:45 PM
Ten (10) one-week sessions
• Summer Teaching Artist Apprentices is a minimum two-week commitment. You can sign up for multiple weeks, but you do not have to be available for the entire 10 weeks of camp.
• Must be age 15 or older and must obtain child abuse & criminal background clearances prior to the start of camp.
• Apprentices must attend mandatory training on Saturday, June 12, 2021, from 10AM – 3PM at
the Art Center.
• Apprentices must be available to work the entire day, 8:45 AM-3:45 PM, and for the entire
week of the scheduled session.
• Applicants will be contacted for an interview. Individual assistant schedules will be confirmed
• Apprentices receive a $100 stipend at the completion of each week they serve.
For more information, check out the Main Line Art Center’s Webpage!