This Deadline Expired: Sunday, October 21, 2018
Hamilton Street Gallery
CALL FOR ARTISTS
DEADLINE: October 21st.
November 17th to December 27th., 2018
Opening Reception Saturday, November 17th, 2 to 5 pm
The days are short
the sun a spark
hung thin between
the dark and dark
Winter is a time full of festivities, as a rich assortment of blue hues illuminate the season. Visual impressions of ice and snow in cold pastel blues, long casted shadows of warm violet blue from a winter sunset, or a blanketed sky of midnight blue on a starlit night, forever reminisce in our visual memory. But, as the Updike poem suggests, winter can also be, for some people, a barren, unending stretch of time to endure. For them, rather than a beautiful color, blue is tied up in such dark feelings as loneliness, anxiety and depression. For this juried exhibition, we invite artists to investigate the blues of winter in all of its atmospheric vibrancy, as well as the mysterious domain of its overcast shadow.
1. Exhibition is open to residents 18 years or older, living in NY, NJ and PA.
2. All media will be considered and must be original and by the artist.
3. We prefer that work be hand delivered to the gallery, but will accept pre-paid shipment of work
preferably through the Post Office with return packaging to and from the gallery.
4. Art work must be wired and ready for hanging and/or installation and must not exceed 60” in any direction.
Please no saw tooth hangers. Size limitations for sculptural and video pieces will be considered individually.
5. Two dimensional works on paper and other fragile surfaces must be framed with glass or Plexiglas, except with special permission
6. All accepted art work must remain at the gallery for the duration of the exhibit. *Upon delivery of work, the gallery has the right to reject work that is not consistent with submitted digital images.
Fees There is no entry fee to enter the exhibit. Accepted artists pay upon delivery, a nominal fee of $25, by cash, check or money order payable to Hamilton Street Gallery to cover costs for promotional mailing, hanging, lighting and installation. Hamilton Street Gallery charges 25% commission on art work sold. Sales will be finalized at the end of each exhibition.
Insurance Hamilton Street Gallery will provide insurance for work upon receiving art, during exhibition and up until work is picked up. Artwork is not insured while in transit to and from the gallery.
There are two ways to submit work:
A. Up to 5 digital file submissions will be accepted via email to email@example.com or
B. Up to 5 images on a CD rom can be mailed through the Post Office
1. All submissions must be in JPEG format in the order you would like them viewed with artist name and title of work. Images cannot be larger than 800 x 800 pixels at 72 DPI.
2. An image list on paper, numbered in the order in which they appear on the CD, including title of work, media, dimensions, date, and price.
3. One page resume (please include phone number and email address)
4. An artist statement (optional but encouraged)
5. An SASE for return of materials is requested
6. Video and performance artists should submit DVDs labeled with name, title, date and price
*(All submissions should be received, not post marked, by the deadline date.)
Please mail completed submission package in an envelope no larger than 9” x 12” to: Hamilton Street Gallery, P.O. Box 710, Bound Brook, New Jersey 08805. or email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gallery Hours: Thursday 12 to 5 pm, Fridays 5:30 to 8 pm, Saturdays 1 to 5 pm and by appointment.
Important dates to remember:
Submission Deadline – Sunday October, 21st.,
Notification of acceptance by email – October, 24th.
Delivery Dates – Thursday November 8th., 12 to 5 pm.
Friday November 9th., 5 to 8 pm and Saturday November 10th 12 to 5 pm
Opening Reception – Saturday November 17th., 2 to 5 pm.
Pick up dates – Thursday December 27th. 12 to 5 pm,
Friday December 28th., 5 to 8 pm and Saturday December 29th. 12 to 5 pm.