Submit to the InLiquid Benefit
You are personally invited to be a part of our annual Silent Auction & Benefit, April 7-10, 2021. The auction will feature 200 works of art for public viewing during socially distanced appointments at the Crane Arts Building in Kensington, and simultaneously feature everything online, for those who cannot attend in person.
As a part of the “Everyone is a Collector Campaign,” to support artists and make collecting accessible to all, InLiquid will be increasing its online and virtual marketing efforts this year. These efforts will be executed through creating digital catalogs of the auction works, highlighting guest collector picks, and targeted social media posts. While this year’s Benefit Auction will not be the lively party of the past, we will still be engaging with the area’s collectors, curators, designers, press, influencers, and entrepreneurs.
Most importantly, proceeds from The Benefit sustain artists and InLiquid’s vital programming operations. Since 1999 InLiquid has been working to connect artists and audiences in Philadelphia because everyone needs art in their lives. We increasingly find ourselves creating opportunities to use art as a catalyst for civic engagement and expressions of calls for social change.
Funds raised from the benefit will support InLiquid in providing free arts programming to over 25,000 people in person and over 100,000 unique web visitors annually. Last year alone, InLiquid worked with 644 artists to advance their careers and present their work to new audiences with free art exhibitions, hands-on workshops, and creative events in person and online.
You will receive 50% of the final bid on your piece, unless you wish to donate more of the % to InLiquid to help support our exhibitions, programming, and services. InLiquid will be screening submissions.
Submissions can be done by PDF or by using the form below.
We hope you will join us in supporting you and serving the region’s artists!
If you have any questions at all about the 2021 Benefit or donation procedures, please contact Sara Zimmerman, email@example.com or 215-235-3405.
Benefit Submission Details:
While people will be able to visit the Benefit in person, a majority of the bidding will be done online and remotely. With bidders viewing works more online, it is helpful to submit additional photos of your work and list additional details about the work.
- How is the piece finished?
- For works on paper is the piece framed, unframed, matted?
- Is it on stretched canvas, or panel?
- Are the edges finished?
- Is the work signed, if so where?
- For pieces of jewelry what is the necklace length, ring size, closing mechanism or pin back style etc?
- For 3D works is it freestanding or does it need a pedestal?
- Are there specifics for installation?
- For functional pieces e.g. ceramics, fashion is it machine safe (dishwasher, dry clean only)?
- How is the piece finished?
- Only one (1) submission per artist.
- All works will be screened, not all submissions will be accepted.
- Works of all media accepted, 2D, 3D, Design, and Craft
- Due to wall limitations – 2D work should not exceed 1,200 square inches framed h˝ × w˝ (e.g. 40˝ × 30˝ = 1,200˝). This limitation is to works hung on the wall.
- Images must be submitted online at inliquid.org/submit, or by email to Saraz@inliquid.org.
- Final deadline for submitting donations is Friday March 26 (we strongly advise earlier submissions for marketing inclusion).
- Works must be received at the Crane building before March 30th – artists will be notified of acceptance of work with details for drop off.
Unsold works from the Benefit will be held for 30 days after the auction, InLiquid will continue to market and promote those works for sale in the InLiquid Gallery.
For all sold works from the benefit participating artists will be given the mailing address of the buyer who purchases your artwork to add to your contact list and records.
All participating artists will be promoted for the Benefit, on our site, newsletters, and social media campaign.
Anthony L Gallia
Samantha Levy Green
Jeffrey E Holder
Red Balloon Communications